30 November 2010

Eat Your Veggies {Untraditionally Of Course!}

Despite the decade plus one of my life that I went vegetarian {my mom eventually guilted me into the whole "you're not getting enough protein" bit and I agreed to start eating chicken again. Breaded chicken...} I don't feel like I eat enough veggies. It's not that I don't like them - in fact, there are only very few I dislike, I just feel like I don't buy many, and the ones I do buy go bad quickly. And let's face it - it's way easier to just boil water for pasta.

With that in mind, I went for a pasta & veggie combo, but not the type you'd expect. I first tasted butternut squash sauce with gnocchi at a fundraising event with my mom. I can't even remember which restaurant brought it, I just remember going back for seconds. and thirds. and maybe even fourths. Later while cruising around online for recipes {I only pretend like I'm a master in the kitchen} I found this one for the sauce! I'm not exaggerating when I say it's so easy I can do it. I left out the salt {which I do with every recipe because I find I don't need it} but followed the rest of the recipe as instructed.

Bold
{Bonus Fact: all the ingredients are from my beloved Trader Joes}

{Getting steamy!}

{I admit - this part was a little weird}

{Gnocchi are done! Perfect timing!}

{Enjoy! Wine is not optional :) }

xAmy

No comments:

Post a Comment