10 May 2010

Guac the Guac

It's no secret that I love avocados. Or that I'm a disaster in the kitchen. So what better way to combine the two than with my new favorite lunch: Homemade Guacamole!

I think I originally started with a recipe, but over time I began to run out of certain ingredients {okay, laziness set in} and it has been pared down to this simple mix:

1 Avocado {learn how to pick perfect avocados here}
1 T of lime juice
Few shakes of Onion Powder
Few shakes of Fresh Ground Pepper

I'm sorry for the vague measurements, it's actually one of my hugest pet peeves while I'm trying to follow a recipe, but I've found that exact measurements don't really matter here, and it's really easy to taste as you go. Because Guacamole tends to brown quickly, I eat it right after making it. If you are preparing it ahead of time, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap is tightly over the guacamole, leaving no air between.

{All the Ingredients}
{Cube the Avocado then flip it into a bowl}
{Mash the cubes with a fork until it's a creamy texture - some lumps add character ;) }
{Squeeze in the lime juice and mix}
{Add some onion powder & fresh ground pepper and mix}
{Add some chips & enjoy}

No comments:

Post a Comment