13 June 2010

The Little Things

Today I went to the beach. By myself. {That alone is enough to make some people gasp/shudder/cringe.} I enjoy solitude. And there's something about the ocean that is so soothing to me. Don't get me wrong, you'll never catch me in the water except for equator-esque conditions, but the crashing of the waves makes me feel at peace.

I distinctly remember laying on my towel with the waves crashing in the background, a slight ocean breeze, the warm sun beating down on my skin, and Coldplay quietly playing in my ears, thinking to myself: I am perfectly content in this moment.

I think this ability is extremely important in life, especially to cherish moments alone. Would I have loved my family, friends & boyfriend to be there sharing with me? Of course! But that doesn't stop me from being happy through-and-though in one private, happy moment.

{Now of course I have a wicked sunburn because I refuse to apply any SPF higher than 4, and as capable as I am of enjoying life's simple pleasures, that's probably a lesson I'll NEVER learn}

No comments:

Post a Comment